Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Appropriately Naked In April - Part IV

The Workshop in Portland was not all that I was hoping it would be, but I still got some things out of it. The night before Wendie went off to a party with Abby and Will while Stace and I wandered off on our own for the night to catch up. The three of us, Wendie, Stacey, and I, all rose with some sluggishness in the morning, but found our way to the Convention Center in time with ease to do our volunteering.

The volunteering was a bit ridiculous. We were charged with simply making sure we got a wrist band on everyone with a ticket. Once that was done we were participating audience members right along with everyone else. Wendie was hilarious to watch as she grew a sense of amused frustration at the lack of efficiency and effectiveness of our job. It was easy to see how to scam the system that was set up and there was no way on our part to prevent it. I could have cared less, Stacey was pretty much the same, Wendie learned to let it go but had a hard time accepting that the job she was doing was completely irrelevant in the long run. She's always been the academic and career oriented one in the family.

Once the workshop started it was interesting to me to hear what Dr. Weiss had to say. Most of it was what I'd read in his books, although I hadn't expected him to be as funny as he is. After an hour or so, though, he lead us through the first regression of the workshop.

It was much like listening to the CD. I was getting vague impressions and seeing images here and there that would barely focus before flitting away. Again, though, I saw myself in my mother's womb, but this time I could feel the excitement I had about being born. I had a sensation that I was the last to come and that everyone was waiting for me. I was about three weeks overdue and the youngest in my immediate and expanded family. In fact, I told an old girlfriend once that I felt like the world's younger brother at one point. The sensation I got about what I was excited about was that I really liked getting back into a body again, getting back into the adventure of living a life on earth. There was a nervousness in me as well, but I couldn't quite pick out what it was until later in the regression.

As he guided us through previous life times I saw myself as a young woman either in the Highlands of Scotland or out in the American frontiers by the Rockies, in a little cabin with snow on the roof. She was looking away, off to the mountains as if alone and waiting for someone to return. I had the impression that she was strong physically, but weak emotionally, somewhat dependent. This seemed to be sometime in the mid to late 1800s; maybe 1876.

I then saw myself as an old grandmother lying in my deathbed. There was family all around, among them was my Dad's mother who was my son that time around, and my Dad who was a grandchild of mine. I could feel Wendie there too, but only in spirit. I got the impression she was my husband in that life, but had been drunk and abusive, and had died before me. We were guided through to after our death and I found myself, in spirit, with Wendie after that life arranging how we'd correct the wrongs we'd committed against each other the next time around. That was the hesitation I felt when I revisited the womb before. I was nervous about coming back into a life with her again, afraid that she would be as abusive as she apparently was in the one before. So far, I think we've worked it all out pretty well.

Anyway, that was the big thing that I uncovered through the workshop. Later in the day there was a second regression that was a bit murkier. I could see images of being an Asian farmer somewhere, silhouetted walking by a rice paddy with some oxen, and a few other things here and there, but nothing that really stuck with me. We were also guided through some sort of imaginary building that took us life to life, and we had someone to guide us through. My image was of running all throughout this building with my friend Ang, which surprised me a bit.

The workshop ended around 5pm and we returned to Will and Abby's for dinner before heading home. Wendie fell asleep on the ride back, so Stacey and I had a good visit over the four hour drive back to Port Townsend. On Monday, Stace and I ran around town together exploring, while Wend looked into all her various house options that had arisen over the weekend. By the end of the day she'd found a great house by the north beach in town she could move into next Thursday and a place to house sit until then.

Tuesday I went to work again, then afterward we had a small picnic for my 34th birthday. Wednesday Stacey and I took the ferry out of Port Angeles and spent the day out in Victoria, BC wandering around. Thursday, as planned, we returned to Seattle where we set up shop at my old coffee shop haunt, Bau Haus, and visited her friend Molly before staying the night back at Chieu and Scott's. After a really great week with her, Stacey was already heading back the next day. We had a quick coffee and a bagel Friday morning then I dropped her off at the train station.

No comments: